The Allwinner H618 processor has started appearing in several TVs running Android 12 and capable of playing 6K/4K VP9 and H.265 video with devices like T95Z Plus and T95 Max, which can be confusing as companies reuse these models. numbers again and again.
Featuring quad-core Cortex-A53 processor, Arm Mali-G31 MP2 GPU and 6K video support, Allwinner H618 looks exactly like Allwinner H616 processor except it can run the system of operating Android 12 newer.
There is not much public information about Allwinner H618 at the time of writing, but let’s check T95Z More specs to see if we can find any other hidden new features:
- SoC – Allwinner H618 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with Arm Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB or 4GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot
- Video output
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60 or 6Kp30 with HDR10, CEC and HDCP 2.2 support
- AV port (composite video)
- Audio Output – Optical S/PDIF, Analog Stereo via AV Port, Digital Audio via HDMI
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Dual-band WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Miscellaneous – Integrated front panel display, RGB LEDs
- Power supply – 5V/2A via DC socket
- Dimensions – 119 x 106 x 23mm
Besides Android 12 support, there could be at least one other difference as shown on wiki linux-sunxithe Allwinner H616 does not have the PCIe and USB 3.0 interfaces of the Allwinner H6 processor.
But since the T95Z Plus comes with WiFi 6, you would normally want at least such a high-speed interface, unless they come with a 480Mbps USB 2.0 module… The specs and model photos T95 MAX on Aliexpress show USB 3.0 port, but I’m not sure the information is reliable because most of the description of this TV box is copy paste from previous model based on Allwinner H6. [Update: I’ve seen the Allwinner H618 datasheet (sorry, I can’t share it), and there’s no USB 3.0 or PCIe interface. The main difference appears to be the larger 1MB L2 cache. It also shows WiFi+Bluetooth is typically connected to SDIO 3.0, UART, and I2S]
T95Z Plus Android 12 TV Box with Allwinner H618 CPU can be purchased on Aliexpress Where banggood for $39 to $54 depending on configuration (one seller even offers Pack of 50 pieces), while the T95 MAX (with inaccurate specs) starts at around $33.
Going through AndroidPC.es
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 on a part-time basis, before stepping down as director of software engineering and starting writing daily news and reviews full-time later in 2011.