- Hardware and software information is essential to know the compatibility of your
laptopwith many external software and games.
- Although the information is readily available on your computer, it is difficult to find.
- Follow the steps below to find your system details.
Knowing what’s inside your computer is important for knowing what software, operating systems, or games are compatible with it. Whether it’s your laptop or desktop computer, hardware and software specifications are readily available. However, you have to know where to find them.
In this article, we will help you find key configuration details such as laptop model, Windows,
Here is how to find system details
- Run Windows command: Press the Windows key. This will open the splash screen. Type “Run”. Choose “Run” from the list of results you will see on the screen.
- System information: In the Open field, type “msinfo32” and click “OK”. This will open the on-screen System Information window.
- Another method: You can open the system information window directly from the Start menu by typing “system” in the search field. Choose ‘system information’ under ‘programs’.
- Details about the operating system, RAM and
processor: In the system information window, click “System Summary” to view details of the operating system, CPU, RAM and other basic configurations.
- Laptop model, name and edition Windows: You can also find basic information such as laptop model, name and Windows edition by right-clicking on the “Computer” folder and selecting “Properties”.
- Sub-category : For more detailed information, double-click categories such as hardware resources, components, software environment, in the system information window to view subcategories.
- Player Information: To view detailed information about a subcategory such as disk drive, ports, and modem, you will need to select them to view details such as resource name, device, and status.
- Components: In the System Information window, double-click “Components” and select a hardware device. Here you can view details about its name, manufacturer, driver location, and other information.
- Specific information: If you want to search for specific details about your computer, go to the System Information window, then enter the relevant search term in the “Search” field, then click “Search”.
Apart from these, you can also use third party applications like CPU-Z or SiSoftware Sandra to know the make and model of the motherboard as you cannot find it directly from the system.
From color-changing cars to a foldable 17-inch laptop: Here are all the exciting announcements from CES 2022
OnePlus 10 Pro: Specs, launch date and everything we know so far